Courtney Love Shot Heroin at Charlie Sheen House Party

Written By eyes on Friday, May 27, 2011 | 8:41 AM



In an extremely candid interview with The Fix, rocker Courtney Love talks about her extensive drug use, her relationship with Kurt Cobain and her concerns about Lady Gaga's future. She also
reveals she shot up heroin at a party she attended in the mi-90s at Charlie Sheen's house.


"My boyfriend at the time took me to this star-studded party at Charlie Sheen's house in Malibu. Tom Cruise was there, and Madonna, and my... convinced me to shoot up. 'Come on, everyone's doing it.' So that's when my whole heroin drama began," she admitted.


More excerpts from the interview after the jump.


On the first time she did drugs:
"The first time I got high on coke is captured on camera. I was 19 at the time. My friend Jennifer shot a whole roll of film of us doing giant lines. It wasn't a very pleasant experience, though."


On whether there's a connection between drug use and creativity:
"Definitely. Look at the most brilliant artists of the past two centuries. Proust. Tennessee Williams. Scott Fitzgerald. Jim Morrison. Kurt. They all were f---ed up on something or other. It goes with the territory. Artists are more sensitive than other people. Maybe we need something to dull the pain."


On doing drugs with Kurt Cobain:
"Before I met Kurt, I was more or less clean, but then Kurt earned his first million and decided to become a junkie, and I decided to become a junkie along with him. That's the co-dependent side of me. After he died there were all these stupid jokes I made up: What did the co-dependent say when the junkie jumped out the window? "Wait a minute, I'm coming!"


On Lady Gaga:
"She may be doing fine at the moment, but I'm worried about her future. She's very young, and she's very talented, but she doesn't seem to have any female friends. Or any straight guy friends for that matter. Instead, she surrounds herself with this coterie of gay stylists and advisors who've turned her into this weird, sexless Barbie doll... If she doesn't watch out she'll turn into a lonely drag queen."


No comments:

Post a Comment